- Participate in school activities such as music or sports.
- Be active in clubs if you have the opportunity.
- Keep doing your homework!
- Begin thinking about career options that interest you.
- Talk with your parents about career possibilities.
- Be at school every day, on time, and work hard to get good grades.
- Try your best to do well on the iLEAP test.
- Take the EXPLORE test-
an assessment offered by your school that does not count against you but
is uses as a guidance tool to prepare you for the LEAP test and for
high school....for more information visit www.actstudent.org/explore.
- Create your LAEPORTAL account with your counselor.
- Visit www.LAEPORTAL.com often to explore college and career choices.
- Continue to develop good study habits and organizational skills.
- Keep doing your homework-homework is practice and practice makes perfect !
- Keep working hard to get good
grades....It is important that you do well in ALL of your subjects, not
just in your favorites, so you will get off to a good start in high
- Create your 5-year plan with your counselor.
- Begin thinking about your education beyond high school.
- Familiarize yourself with high school graduation requirements nad TOPS requirements and college admission requirements.
- Talk with your parents about future plans.
- Learn about financial aid opportunites that can help you pay for college.
- Try your best to do well on the LEAP test.
- Strive to be the kind of student that colleges would want to offer scholarship monies to!